I'm weary.
Another Before.
Another After.
My heart weighs a ton. My bones are hollow.
Losing Grandma Herron in April ripped my world apart in a way I could have never understood before. It still hurts, physically hurts.
And losing Grandma Mann today opened it fresh. I don't have any more grandmas. I'm one loss away from having no grandparents.
I can't explain why, but it makes me feel incredibly alone.
A close family member is battling cancer. I'm terrified by what could happen.
My friends carry their burdens, and I hurt for them.
My students this year are an especially challenging group. They're mean, which means they've been hurt. They're lazy, which means they've grown accustomed to failure. They're just the type of kids I set out to save.
But I barely have enough energy to show up. How can I fight the battle?
And how can I possibly win?
I'm weary.
Another Before.
Another After.
No comments:
Post a Comment